Introduction to KFC
KFC, which is short for Kentucky Fried Chicken, is an American chain of fried chicken fast-food restaurants. They serve crispy chicken, biscuits, and plenty of delicious sides.
KFC is the second largest fast-food chain globally, with more than 22,600 locations in 150 countries. That’s quite the accomplishment! Colonel Sanders, who founded KFC in 1930, would be delighted that his chicken is enjoyed worldwide.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay: A modern payment method for the modern world.
But does KFC have Apple Pay?
Does KFC Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, KFC takes Apple Pay as a payment method in the restaurant and at the drive-thru! KFC was an early adopter of Apple Pay, with it supported as a payment option beginning in 2016.
Here is a news article from June 2016 which confirmed that KFC takes Apple Pay.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At KFC?
Ready to order at a KFC restaurant or drive-thru using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice. Now you’ll need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and complete any required credit card verification steps. After this, your card will be in your Apple Wallet and ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone. Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app. Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
Note: Some retailers have limits on how much you can spend using a contactless payment method such as Apple Pay. Generally, a payment over this limit will go through, but the clerk will either check your ID or ask for a signature. Rarely, you’ll be asked to pay with a physical credit card or cash.
How To Use Apple Pay Inside KFC Or At The Drive Thru With Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at KFC, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With An Apple Watch Inside KFC Or At The Drive Through
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With KFC’s Mobile App
- Open the KFC mobile app, sign into your account or continue as a guest. Choose your local restaurant location and select a pickup time.
- Pick your food and add it to your cart
- Go to your shopping cart, review your items, and click ‘Continue to Payment’.
- Choose your pickup or deliver time, enter your info, and choose ‘Apple Pay’ as your payment method.
- Enjoy your food!