Are you shopping for groceries at Shaw’s? Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at stores that accept it as a payment method. But does Shaw’s take Apple Pay? This article answers the question “Does Shaw’s take Apple Pay?” and has tips to make the most out of Apple Pay.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, mobile payment system that works with iOS mobile devices like your iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card stored in your digital wallet. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card. Apple Pay is a safe, secure way to pay inside stores, through apps, or on the web.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or putting your card inside a dirty credit card reader. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your smartphone’s new, contactless payment option! Just hold your Apple device over a near field communications (NFC payments) card terminal at the register for a contactless payment experience. Apple Pay provides Shaw’s customers with a seamless one-tap checkout experience that customers love.
What Is Shaw’s?
Shaw’s is an American grocery store chain owned by Albertsons. They sell high-quality fresh produce, quick meals, vegetables, meat, seafood, sushi, deli items, baked goods, dairy products, snacks, frozen foods, everyday household items, wine, beer, liquor, and gas. Shaw’s, owned by the Albertsons Companies, operates 133 grocery stores in the five states and has convenient in-store pharmacies.
Shaw’s is one of twenty different supermarket brands under the Albertsons banner. While 133 of their locations are under Shaw’s brand, Albertsons’ other 2,120 grocery stores include the following brands: Acme Markets, Albertsons Market, Amigos, Andronico’s, Balducci’s, Carrs, Haggen, Kings Food Markets, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Market Street, Pak’ n Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Safeway, Star Market, United Supermarkets, and Vons.
Answered: Does Shaw’s Take Apple Pay? Yes!
Yes, Shaw’s takes Apple Pay as a payment method at all of their supermarkets. Shaw’s stores began accepting mobile payments back in 2017. So, the next time you’re shopping for groceries at your local Shaw’s supermarket, check out using Apple Pay!
If you want to save money on your groceries, check out your local Shaw’s weekly ad, available on their website or through their mobile apps. Each weekly ad has special offers, digital coupons, discounts, the latest items, and more.
To save even more money, join the Shaw’s for U rewards program, which earns you valuable points to use on groceries or gas, a free item each month, and a free birthday treat. Shaw’s for U rewards is integrated into Shaw’s Mobile Apps, available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. You can also place grocery delivery orders or curbside pickup through the same app!
What Other Payment Methods Does Shaw’s Accept?
What other payment options do Shaw’s stores take for store purchases? Below is a list of the forms of payment, including four types of credit cards and three mobile pay options, accepted at your local Shaw’s supermarket.
Payment Methods Accepted at Shaw’s
- Apple Pay, Google Pay/Android Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Apple Card
- Visa credit cards
- Master card credit cards
- Discover credit cards
- American Express (Amex) credit cards
- Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, ATM cards)
- SNAP EBT Cards (also known as ‘Electronic Benefits Transfer’, ‘SNAP benefits’, or ‘food stamps’).
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits (at participating locations)
- Prepaid cards
- Shaw’s Gift Cards
- Local pre-printed personal checks with photo ID.
Tip: When paying with a credit or debit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.
Is Apple Pay Accepted Everywhere?
Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States, covering 85% of all US merchants. Retailers that accept Apple Pay include Shaw’s and many grocery stores, big-box stores, warehouse clubs, restaurants, drug stores, gas stations, and mobile apps. That said, 15% of stores, including major retailers like Walmart, still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay improves the checkout for shoppers, some stores still don’t take it for payment. How do you know if your favorite stores accept Apple Pay?
How can you check if a grocery store takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a grocery store accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier, speak to customer service, or search online, but it’s still a hassle. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what grocers accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a supermarket takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the store location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the store accepts Apple Pay!
What grocery stores take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every grocery store accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different grocery stores that take Apple Pay: Acme Markets, Albertsons, Aldi, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco, Cub Foods, Family Dollar, Food Lion, FoodMaxx, Giant Eagle, Hannaford, Hy-Vee, Instacart, Jewel-Osco, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, Publix, QFC, Raley’s, Randalls, Safeway, Sam’s Club, Shaw’s, Schnucks, Sprouts, Stop and Shop, Tom Thumb, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets, Wegmans, Winn-Dixie, and Whole Foods Market.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Shaw’s?
Are you ready to check out at Shaw’s grocery store with Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you have already completed the (quick) setup, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card information by either holding your iPhone’s camera over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay at the register.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ App.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Shaw’s
If you’re using an iPhone to pay for a purchase with Apple Pay at Shaw’s, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. After taking your receipt, you’re free to leave!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Shaw’s
To complete a transaction at a Shaw’s location using your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. Now, take your receipt and head home!
Shaw’s App? How To Check Out with Apple Pay Through With Shaw’s Apps
If you’re using Shaw’s Deals & Delivery, Delivery & Pickup, or Pharmacy mobile apps, you can checkout using Apple Pay by following these steps:
- Open the Shaw’s App (formerly called the U Loyalty App/U App). You can find all five of their Apps on their website.
- Select your items, add them to your cart, and continue to the payment section as you normally would.
- Follow the link for Apple Pay.
- Complete the Apple Pay payment process.
- Your grocery order is complete!