Unfortunately, you can’t use Apple Pay at Wendy’s in the restaurant, at the drive-thru, or using their mobile app. That’s because it’s not an accepted payment method. You can only use Apple Pay at restaurants that accept it as a payment option.
What Is Wendy‘s?
Wendy’s is an American fast-food chain with over 6,700 locations, 14,000 employees, and restaurants in all 50 states. Wendy’s menu has hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, French fries, breakfast sandwiches, frozen desserts, and more. They are best known for their square hamburgers and their frozen Frosties. Try a hamburger, fries, and a Frosty for lunch!
Dave Thomas founded the company in 1969 in Michigan. Now based in Dublin, Ohio, Wendy’s has grown to become the third-largest hamburger chain in the United States.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with Apple devices like your iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card. Apple Pay users can use it to check out in stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a safe, secure contactless payments system.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to put your card inside dirty card readers. Instead, hold your Apple mobile device over a near field communications (NFC) card reader for a contactless payment experience. Apple Pay is a mobile payment method for the modern world.
But does Wendy’s take Apple Pay?
Answered: Does Wendy‘s Accept Apple Pay?
No, Wendy’s does not take Apple Pay as a payment method inside their stores, at their pickup windows, online, or through their mobile app. That’s unfortunate since Apple Pay would be a popular way to pay for a Frosty and a burger.
Does the Wendy‘s App Take Apple Pay?
Sadly, Wendy’s Rewards mobile app, available on the App Store, does not take Apple Pay as one of its supported payment options. Mobile orders can be paid for using a credit card, debit card, or a Wendy’s gift card. While you can’t use Apple Pay, you can earn free food through the app using Wendy’s rewards program.
What Payment Methods Does Wendy‘s Accept?
Since you can’t use Apple Pay or Google Pay at Wendy’s, what are their accepted payment methods?
Payment Methods Accepted at Wendy‘s:
- Wendy’s gift card
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
How Many Stores Accept Apple Pay?
Currently, Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States., covering 85% of all US merchants. Stores that accept Apple Pay include restaurants, big-box locations, top merchants, grocery stores, warehouse clubs, pharmacies, gas stations, and mobile apps from some of America’s most popular brands. That said, 15% of stores, of which Wendy’s and Burger King are notable holdouts, still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay is the easiest way for shoppers to pay, some stores still don’t accept Apple Pay. How do you know if your favorite stores take Apple Pay?
How can you check if a restaurant takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a restaurant accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier or search online, but it’s still a hassle either way. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what restaurants accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a restaurant takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the restaurant location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the restaurant accepts Apple Pay!
What restaurants take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every restaurant accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different food places that take Apple Pay in the USA: Au Bon Pain, Baskin Robbins, Chick-fil-a, Chili’s, Chipotle, Dunkin Donuts, El Pollo Loco, Firehouse Subs, Fuddruckers, In-In-Out, Jamba Juice, Jack in the Box locations, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Jimmy Johns, Johnny Rockets, KFC, Luby’s, McDonald’s, Panera Bread, Peet’s Coffee, Pizza Hut, Popeyes, Qdoba, Rubio’s, Sonic, Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell, Tropical Smoothie Café, Whataburger, and White Castle.
How to Use Apple Pay at Restaurants That Accept It?
Although Wendy’s doesn’t take Apple Pay, plenty of other restaurants do. Ready to check out at a store that accepts Apple Pay?
First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use.
- Now, add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Then, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an iPhone to pay at an Apple Pay supported restaurant, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an Apple Watch to pay at an Apple Pay supported restaurant, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
It’s disappointing that Wendy’s doesn’t accept Apple Pay (or Google Pay). However, we hope that they’ll offer it as a payment option in the future. Apple Pay would be a safe, convenient way to pay inside Wendy’s, at their drive-thru, and through the Wendy’s App.