Does Wendy’s Take Apple Pay?
You can’t use Apple Pay at Wendy’s in the restaurant, at the drive-thru, or using their mobile app. That’s because it’s not an accepted payment method. You can only use Apple Pay at restaurants that accept it as a payment option.
What Is Wendy’s?
Wendy’s is an American fast-food chain with over 6,700 locations, 14,000 employees, and restaurants in all 50 states. Wendy’s menu has hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, salads, French fries, breakfast sandwiches, frozen desserts, and more. They are best known for their square hamburgers and their frozen Frosties. Try a hamburger, fries, and a Frosty for lunch!
Dave Thomas founded the company in 1969 in Michigan, and since then, Wendy’s has grown to become the third-largest hamburger chain in the United States.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a safe, secure way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been inside. In other words, Apple Pay is a mobile payment method for the modern world.
But does Wendy’s take Apple Pay?
Does Wendy’s Accept Apple Pay?
No, Wendy’s does not take Apple Pay as a payment method at their stores, online, or through their mobile app. That’s unfortunate since Apple Pay would be a popular way to pay for a Frosty and a burger.
What Payment Methods Does Wendy’s Accept?
Since you can’t use Apple Pay at Wendy’s, what are their accepted payment methods?
Payment Methods Accepted at Wendy’s
- Wendy’s gift card
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Prepaid cards
Does the Wendy’s App Take Apple Pay?
Sadly, Wendy’s Rewards mobile app does not take Apple Pay as one of its supported payment options. You will have to pay for your Frosty with a credit card, debit card, or a Wendy’s gift card.
How to Use Apple Pay at Restaurants That Accept It?
Although Wendy’s doesn’t take Apple Pay, plenty of other restaurants do. Ready to check out at a store that accepts Apple Pay?
First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use.
- Now, add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Then, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an iPhone to pay at an Apple Pay supported restaurant, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an Apple Watch to pay at an Apple Pay supported restaurant, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
It’s disappointing that Wendy’s doesn’t accept Apple Pay (or Google Pay). However, we hope that they’ll offer it as a payment option in the future. Apple Pay would be a safe, convenient way to pay inside Wendy’s, at their drive-thru, and through the Wendy’s App.