Albertsons is an American grocery store chain that operates 2,253 locations and employs 325,000 people. Albertsons was founded by Joe Albertson in 1939 in Boise, Idaho, and has grown through the years to become the 2nd largest supermarket chain in the United States. They sell high-quality fresh produce, general grocery items, vegetables, meat, seafood, deli, baked goods, dairy products, snacks, frozen foods, beer, wine, everyday household items, and gas. But does Albertsons take Apple Pay?
Interestingly, Albertsons has grocery stores operating under 20 different brand banners. While 391 of their locations are under the Albertsons brand, their other 1,862 grocery stores include the following brands: Acme Markets, Albertsons Market, Amigos, Andronico’s, Balducci’s, Carrs, Haggen, Jewel-Osco, Kings Food Markets, Lucky, Market Street, Pak’ n Save, Pavilions, Randalls, Safeway, Shaw’s, Star Market, Tom Thumb, United Supermarkets, and Vons.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your iPhone and Apple Watch. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card.
You can use Apple Pay to make contactless transactions in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a safe, secure way to make your payments. In an age where data is money, Apple stands out as one of the few companies that won’t sell your personal information.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or using a dirty credit card reader. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your smartphone’s new, contactless mobile wallet! Just hold your Apple device over a near field communications (NFC) card reader at checkout at the register. Apple Pay provides grocery shoppers with a seamless one-tap checkout experience that customers love.
But does Albertsons accept Apple Pay?
Answered: Does Albertsons Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Albertsons takes Apple Pay inside their grocery stores and through their mobile app. So the next time you’re shopping at Albertsons, check out with Apple Pay! Albertsons began accepting Apple Pay across all of their stores back in 2017. So, the next time you’re grocery shopping at your local Hy-Vee, check out with Apple Pay!
Money-Saving Tips: If you want to save money on your groceries, check out your local Albertsons’ weekly ad, available on their website or through their Deals & Delivery App. Each weekly ad is filled with special offers, digital coupons, discounts, the latest items, and more. Consider joining the Albertsons for U rewards program, which earns you valuable points to use on groceries or gas at their fuel centers, a free item each month, and a free birthday treat. The U rewards program (formerly called Just for U) is built into the Albertsons Deals & Delivery App, available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. You can also order grocery delivery and curbside pickup through the same app!
What Other Payment Methods Does Albertsons Accept?
What other payment options does Albertsons accept? Below is a list of the forms of payment that are taken at your local Albertsons grocery store.
Payment Methods Accepted at Albertsons
- Apple Pay
- Apple Card
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Albertsons Scan & Pay: This zero-touch checkout app lets you scan and pay for your food entirely through the app!
- Visa credit cards
- Master card credit cards
- Discover credit cards
- American Express (Amex) credit cards
- Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, ATM cards)
- EBT Cards (also known as ‘SNAP benefits’ or ‘food stamps’).
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits (at participating locations)
- Prepaid cards
- Albertsons gift cards
- Local pre-printed personal checks with photo ID.
Tip: When paying with a credit or debit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.
Is Apple Pay Accepted Everywhere?
Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States, covering 85% of all US merchants. Retailers that accept Apple Pay include Albertsons and many grocery stores, big-box locations, warehouse clubs, restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, and mobile apps. That said, 15% of stores, including major retailers like Walmart, still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay makes checking out a breeze, some stores still don’t accept Apple Pay. How do you know if your favorite stores take Apple Pay?
How can you check if a grocery store takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a grocery store accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier, speak to customer service, or search online, but it’s still a hassle. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what grocers accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a grocery store takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the store location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the store accepts Apple Pay!
What grocery stores take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every grocery store accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different grocery stores that take Apple Pay: Albertsons, Aldi, Costco, Cub Foods, Family Dollar, Food Lion, FoodMaxx, Giant Eagle, Hy-Vee, Instacart, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, QFC, Safeway, Sam’s Club, Shaw’s, Sprouts, Stop and Shop, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets, Whole Foods Market, and Winn-Dixie.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Albertsons?
Are you ready to check out at your local Albertsons using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you have already completed the (quick) setup, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How to setup Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay at the register.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ App.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How to use Apple Pay inside Albertsons
If you’re using an iPhone to pay for a purchase with Apple Pay at Albertsons, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. After taking your receipt, you’re free to leave!
Apple Watch? How to use Apple Pay inside Albertsons
To complete a transaction at an Albertsons store using your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. Now, take your receipt and head home!
Albertsons App? How to check out with Apple Pay through the Albertsons Apps
If you’re using Albertsons’ Deals & Delivery, Delivery & Pickup, Rush Delivery, OneTouch Fuel, or Pharmacy mobile apps, you can checkout using Apple Pay by following these steps:
- Open the Albertsons App (formerly called the U Loyalty App/U App) or download it for free through the App Store. You can find all five of their Apps on their website.
- Select your items and continue to the payment section as you normally would.
- Follow the link for Apple Pay.
- Complete the Apple Pay payment process.
- Your grocery order is complete!