Does Trader Joe’s Take Apple Pay?
You can absolutely use Apple Pay at Trader Joe’s to purchase their high-quality grocery items to feed you and your family. You can use Apple Pay at stores that accept Apple Pay as a payment option.
What is Trader Joe’s?
Trader Joe’s is an American grocery store chain selling fresh produce, meat alternatives, natural and organic food, and their own private labels at a great value. In addition, Trader Joe’s sells beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and seafood raised without any hormones or antibiotics.
Trader Joe’s bans many unhealthy and unnatural ingredients in their food products. So you won’t find artificial flavors or preservatives, MSG, genetically modified ingredients, or transfats in Trader Joe’s branded products. Instead, what you will find are interesting, tasty items that use quality ingredients at a great price.
With 530 locations and 50,000 friendly employees, Trader Joe’s brings high-quality food at great prices to millions of Americans. You will always find new, exciting products highlighted in the Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your iPhone and Apple Watch. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card.
You can use Apple Pay to make contactless transactions in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. In an age where data is money, Apple stands out as one of the few companies that won’t sell your personal information.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay is a modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Trader Joe’s accept Apple Pay?
Does Trader Joe’s Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Trader Joe’s takes Apple Pay as a payment method inside their stores. So next time you shop at Trader Joe’s, check out with Apple Pay!
Curious about why Trader Joe’s accept Apple Pay while other stores don’t? In 2015, Trader Joe’s began accepting Apple Pay by replacing their old payment terminals with NFC payment compatible VeriFone touchscreen terminals that support contactless payments such as Apple Pay. NFC, or Near Field Communication, is the technology that lets contactless payments happen. Regardless of the ‘how’, it’s great that Trader Joe’s takes Apple Pay!
Trader Joe’s Forms of Payment
Not sure if Trader Joe’s will accept your payment method? We have the list of all of Trader Joe’s approved payment methods.
Trader Joe’s accepts the following forms of payments:
- Mobile Payments: Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Credit and debit cards
- Personal Checks
- EBT Cards
- Trader Joe’s gift cards
How To Use Apple Pay At Trader Joe’s
Ready to check out at Trader Joe’s using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use.
- Now, add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Pay with Apple Pay at Trader Joe’s
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Trader Joe’s follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, either look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it there until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
Apple Watch? How To Pay with Apple Pay at Trader Joe’s
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!