Introduction to Dunkin Donuts
Dunkin Donuts is a coffee and donut chain that sells enjoyed around the world. It’s one of the largest restaurant coffee and donut shops in the world with over 12,900 locations in 47 countries.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay: A modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Dunkin Donuts accept Apple Pay?
Does Dunkin Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Dunkin takes Apple Pay as a payment method inside the store and through their mobile app!
Here is confirmation from Host Merchant Services in 2020 confirming that Dunkin Donuts accepts Apple Pay:
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Dunkin Donuts?
Ready to order at a Dunkin Donuts restaurant or through their mobile app using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice. Now you’ll need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and complete any required credit card verification steps. After this, your card will be in your Apple Wallet and ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone. Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app. Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
Note: Some retailers have limits on how much you can spend using a contactless payment method such as Apple Pay. Generally, a payment over this limit will go through, but the clerk will either check your ID or ask for a signature. Rarely, you’ll be asked to pay with a physical credit card or cash.
How To Use Apple Pay Inside Dunkin Donuts with Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Dunkin Donuts follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay Inside Dunkin Donuts with Your Apple Watch
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With Dunkin Donuts Mobile App
- Open the Dunkin Donuts mobile app. If you don’t have it yet, you’ll find it for free in the App Store.
- Sign in to your account, or sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Tap ‘Order’ at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enter your location.
- Do you want to ‘Walk-In’ or use the ‘Drive-Thru’? Choose one.
- Add your menu items and choose ‘Checkout’.
- Select ‘Place Order’ and select ‘Apple Pay’ as the payment method.
- Enjoy your coffee and donut!