No, Lowe’s home improvement does not accept Google Pay because it’s not one of their accepted payment methods. Google Pay is only accepted at stores that take Google Pay as a payment method.
What Is Lowe’s?
Lowe’s is the second-largest American home improvement retailer in the United States with 2,197 locations, 300,000 employees, and stores in all 50 states. They’ve come a long way since they were founded in 1921 by Lucius Smith Lowe.
They carry quality home improvement products at a great price, including lumber, building materials, appliances, décor, flooring, hardware, tools, plumbing supplies, lawn & garden supplies, grills, outdoor furniture, and more. With more than 35,000 products in every store, Lowe’s is your one-stop-shop for all your home maintenance, repair, remodeling, and decoration projects.
Want to save money and explore Lowe’s current new products? Check out your Lowe’s weekly ad filled with new products and special deals! It’s updated every week, so there’s always a new deal to be had.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless mobile payment method that works with Android devices like your Android phone, tablet, or watch. It’s a secure way to pay at retailers, through apps, or on the web using NFC payment technology.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or using a dirty credit card payment terminal. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your digital wallet! Google Pay is a modern payment method for the modern world.
Does Lowe’s Take Google Pay?
Lowe’s does not take Google Pay as a payment method at their stores, online, or through their mobile app. It’s a shame since Google Pay is a mobile payment option that shoppers want to have.
Does Lowes.com Take Google Pay?
Unfortunately, Lowes.com does not take Google Pay as one of its payment options. You will need to check out using a Lowe’s credit card, debit card, or Lowe’s gift card.
What Forms of Payment Does Lowe’s Accept?
Since you can’t use Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay, what payment methods are accepted at Lowe’s? We have created a list of all their accepted payment methods, which you’ll find below.
Lowe’s Accepted Payment Methods
- Lowe’s Advantage credit card
- Lowe’s Business Advantage credit card
- Lowe’s Commercial Account card
- Lowe’s PreLoad Discover Card
- Lowe’s gift card
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Lowe’s rebates
Lowe’s Credit Card: Save 20% On Your First Purchase and 5% Everyday
If you don’t already have a Lowe’s Advantage credit card, you should consider applying for one. If you apply for one today, you’ll receive a welcome gift of 20% off your first purchase of $500 or less or 24 months of special financing. The Advantage card has unique options that no other credit card offers at Lowe’s. Each time you shop with your Advantage card, you have the choice between:
- 5% off your Lowe’s purchase
- Six months special financing with a $299 minimum purchase
- 84 fixed monthly payments with a $2000 minimum purchase
Lowe’s Hours of Operation
You’ll want to know what Lowe’s hours are before you head out to avoid disappointment.
Lowe’s hours of operation are:
Monday to Saturday: 6 am to 10 pm
Sunday: 8 am to 8 pm
Lowe’s is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
To quickly find your Lowe’s hours, use their Store Locator tool.
How To Use Google Pay At Stores That Accept It
Although Lowe’s doesn’t take Google Pay, plenty of other stores do, including grocery stores, gas stations, pharmacies, restaurants, and more. Ready to check out at a store that accepts Google Pay? Follow these steps to pay:
How To Setup Google Pay
To set up Google Pay on your Android phone, follow these steps:
- Unlock your Android phone.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- At the top left corner of the Google Pay app, tap ‘Menu’ and then choose ‘Payment methods’.
- Choose the payment method you want to enable and select ‘Enable contactless’.
- Verify your payment method by following Google’s instructions.
- That’s it!
To set up Google Pay on your Android watch, follow these steps:
- Unlock your watch.
- Swipe until you find the Google Pay app, then open it.
- Select ‘Get started’.
- Next, set up your watch’s screen lock if you haven’t yet.
- Using your linked Android phone, your watch will push instructions to add a credit or debit card. Follow the instructions.
- Your credit or debit card is now on your watch.
- You can now use your watch with Google Pay.
Android Phone? How To Use Google Pay
If you’re using your Android phone to pay with Google Pay follow these steps:
- Unlock your Android phone.
- Hold the back of your phone to the contactless NFC terminal reader. The reader is usually attached to the chip card machine that you’d put your credit card in.
- When your payment is complete, you’ll see a blue checkmark on your phone’s screen.
- There will be a prompt at some stores to enter your PIN if paying with a debit card or to sign if paying with a credit card.
- That’s it!
Android Watch? How To Use Google Pay
If you’re using your Android watch to pay with Google Pay, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Pay App on your watch.
- Hold your Android watch over the contactless payment reader until you hear a sound or feel a vibration from your watch.
- If asked, choose ‘Credit’ as the card type, regardless of whether it’s a credit or debit card.
- If you’re linked card is a debit card, you might need to enter your PIN. If prompted, enter your PIN.
- That’s it!
Frequently Asked Lowe’s Questions
People often have many questions about Lowe’s home improvement. Here are some of the most common questions people ask when considering using Google Pay at a Lowe’s store.
Can you pay with PayPal Credit at Lowes? How about inside a store?
You can use PayPal to pay for purchases at lowes.com, but it is not accepted inside the retail store locations.
If you want to use PayPal at a physical Lowes store, instead of online, you can buy electronic Lowes gift cards using your PayPal account. Then, bring use these gift cards to pay at the store.
What kind of checks does Lowes accept?
Lowes accepts personal checks and business checks for in-store purchases only. Payment for online orders cannot be made with a check, even if it is for curbside pickup.
To use a check to pay at Lowe’s, you need to provide a government-issued photo ID that matches the name on the check. After handing the cashier your check, they’ll run it through a verification system called Certegy. This system is designed to minimize the risk of fraud.
Returned checks are charged a $25 fee.
It’s disappointing that Lowe’s doesn’t accept any mobile payment methods such as Google Pay, Apple Pay, or Samsung Pay. Shoppers want to check out using their Android phone or iPhone. Both Lowe’s and Home Depot are lagging behind other retailers, including many supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations that have supported smartphone mobile payments for years.
We hope that they’ll recognize that they’re falling behind and offer it as a payment option in the future. Google Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at stores, online, and through mobile apps.