You cannot use Apple Pay at Lowe’s home improvement stores because it’s not one of their accepted payment methods. Apple Pay can only be used at stores that accept Apple Pay as a payment option.
What Is Lowe’s?
Lowe’s is an American home improvement chain with 2,197 locations, 300,000 employees, and stores in all 50 states. They sell quality home improvement products at a great price including lumber, building materials, appliances, décor, flooring, hardware, tools, plumbing supplies, lawn & garden supplies, grills, outdoor furniture, and more. With more than 35,000 products in every store, Lowe’s has what you need for your home maintenance, repair, remodeling, and decoration projects.
Want to save money and see what’s new at Lowe’s? Check out your Lowe’s weekly ad filled with new products and special deals! It’s updated every week, so there’s always a new deal to be had.
Lucius Smith Lowe founded the company in 1921 in North Carolina, and since then, it’s grown to become the second-largest home improvement retailer in the United States.
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been inside. Apple Pay is a mobile payment method for the modern world.
But does Lowe’s take Apple Pay?
Does Lowe’s Accept Apple Pay?
No, Lowe’s does not take Apple Pay as a payment method at their stores, online, or through their mobile app. It’s a shame since Apple Pay is a payment option that shoppers want to have.
What Payment Methods Does Lowe’s Accept?
Since you can’t use Apple Pay at Lowe’s, what are their accepted payment methods?
You can pay with your:
- Lowe’s Advantage credit card
- Lowe’s Business Advantage credit card
- Lowe’s Commercial Account card
- Lowe’s PreLoad Discover Card
- Lowe’s gift card
- Visa cards
- Discover cards
- American Express cards
- Debit cards
- Lowe’s rebates
Lowe’s Credit Card: Save 20% On Your First Purchase and 5% Everyday
If you don’t already have a Lowe’s Advantage credit card, you should consider applying for one. If you apply for one today, you’ll receive a welcome gift of 20% off your first purchase of $500 or less or 24 months of special financing. The Advantage card has unique options that no other credit card offers at Lowe’s. Each time you shop with your Advantage card you have the choice between:
- 5% off your Lowe’s purchase
- 6 months special financing with a $299 minimum purchase
- 84 fixed monthly payments with a $2000 minimum purchase
Does Lowe’s.com Take Apple Pay?
Sadly, Lowe’s.com does not take Apple Pay as one of its payment options. You will need to check out with a Lowe’s credit card, credit card, debit card, or a Lowe’s gift card.
Lowe’s Hours of Operation
Before you head out, you’ll want to know what Lowe’s hours are to avoid disappointment.
Lowe’s hours of operation are:
Monday to Saturday: 6 am to 10 pm
Sunday: 8 am to 8 pm
Lowe’s is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
To quickly find your Lowe’s hours, use their Store Locator tool.
How to Use Apple Pay At Stores That Accept It?
Although Lowe’s doesn’t take Apple Pay, plenty of other stores do. Ready to check out at a store that accepts Apple Pay?
First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App and you are ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay
If you’re using an Apple Watch to pay with Apple Pay follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
It’s disappointing that Lowe’s doesn’t accept Apple Pay. However, we hope that they’ll offer it as a payment option in the future. Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at stores, online, and through mobile apps.