Introduction to Target
Target Corporation is a famous American retailer with over 1,900 locations and 368,000 employees. Target sells groceries, electronics, clothing, jewelry, furniture, garden supplies, lawn products, shoes, pet supplies, toys, small appliances, and beauty and health products using several different store formats.
Target was founded in 1902 when George Dayton founded a single dry goods store. The rest is history!
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your iPhone and Apple Watch. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card.
You can use Apple Pay in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. In an age where data is money, Apple stands out as one of the few companies that won’t sell your personal information.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay is a modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Target accept Apple Pay?
Does Target Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Target does take Apple Pay in their stores and through their Target App. Next time you’re shopping at Target in person or through their mobile app, check out with Apple Pay!
Here is a 2019 press release straight from Target confirming that they take Apple Pay:
Note that Target Redcards and Target gift cards are not supported by Apple Pay.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Target?
Ready to check out at Target using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the later sections; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App. You’re ready to use Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Check Out with Apple Pay Inside Target
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Target follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d typically put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
Apple Watch? How To Check Out with Apple Pay Inside Target
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
Target App? How To Check Out with Apple Pay Through the App
If you’re using the Target app, you’re in luck: it accepts payments using Apple Pay. To check out in the app using Apple Pay follow these steps:
1. Open the Target app or download it for free through the App Store.
2. Sign in to your account, create a new account, or select ‘Continue as guest’. If you choose ‘Continue as guest’, you will need to sign in to your account before checking out.
3. Choose your Target location.
4. If non-contact shopping is available at your location, the app will tell you. Tap ‘Got it!’ to continue.
5. Pick the items you want to purchase and choose how you wish to receive them. Depending on your location, you can select pickup, delivery, or shipping.
6. Tap on your shopping cart at the bottom right side of the screen.
7. Tap the black ‘Apple Pay’ button at the bottom right of the screen. They use a picture of an apple followed by ‘Pay’. Don’t tap the red ‘Check out’ button!
8. Follow the Apple Pay prompts.
9. All done, enjoy your order!