Are you shopping for groceries at Cub Foods? Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at grocery stores that accept it as a payment method. But does Cub Foods take Apple Pay? This article answers the question “Does Cub Foods take Apple Pay?” and has tips to make the most out of Apple Pay.
What Is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, mobile payment system that works with iOS mobile devices like your iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad. You can think of Apple Pay as transforming your physical Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, and other credit/debit cards into a contactless card stored in your mobile wallet. Your iPhone or Apple Watch then becomes a contactless credit card. Apple Pay is a safe, secure way to pay inside stores, through apps, or on the web.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or putting your card inside a dirty credit card reader. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your smartphone’s new, contactless payment option! Just hold your Apple device over an NFC-enabled card reader at the register for a contactless payment experience. NFC (near field communication) technology enables your phone to make mobile payments. Apple Pay provides Cub Foods customers with a seamless one-tap checkout experience that customers love.
What Is Cub Foods?
Cub Foods is an American supermarket chain based in Stillwater, Minnesota, that offers in-person shopping, curbside pickup, and grocery delivery. They sell high-quality fresh produce, quick meals, vegetables, meat, seafood, deli items, baked goods, dairy products, snacks, frozen foods, and everyday household items. Cub Foods, owned by SuperValu Inc., operates 81 grocery stores with in-store pharmacies in Minnesota and Illinois.
But does Cub Foods accept Apple Pay?
Answered: Does Cub Foods Take Apple Pay? Yes!
Yes, Cub Foods takes Apple Pay as a payment method at all of their grocery stores. So, the next time you’re shopping for groceries at your local Cub Foods supermarket, check out at the cash register with Apple Pay!
If you want to save money on your groceries, check out your local Cub Foods weekly ad, available on their website or through their mobile apps. Each weekly ad features the latest items, grocery savings, a coupon book, special savings, and more.
Consider joining the My Cub Rewards program to save instantly at checkout, earn points toward fuel discounts, receive exclusive offers, and use digital coupons. For every $100 you spend inside Cub, you will receive 10 cents off per gallon of gas you buy. You can join the My Cubs Program through their mobile app available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
What Other Payment Methods Does Cub Foods Accept?
What other payment options do Cub Foods stores take for store purchases? Below is a list of the forms of payment, including four types of credit cards and three mobile pay options, accepted at your local Cub Foods supermarket.
Payment Methods Accepted at Cub Foods
- Apple Pay, Google Pay/Android Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Apple Card
- Visa credit cards
- Master card credit cards
- Discover credit cards
- American Express (Amex) credit cards
- Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, ATM cards)
- EBT Cards (also known as ‘Electronic Benefits Transfer,’ ‘SNAP benefits, or ‘food stamps’)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits (at participating locations)
- Prepaid cards
- Cub Foods Gift Cards
- Local pre-printed personal checks with photo ID.
Tip: When paying with a credit or debit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.
Is Apple Pay Accepted Everywhere?
Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States, covering 85% of all US merchants. Retailers that accept Apple Pay include Cub Foods and many grocery stores, big-box stores, warehouse clubs, merchants, restaurants, drug stores, gas stations, and mobile apps. That said, 15% of stores, including major retailers like Walmart, still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay improves the checkout for shoppers, some stores still don’t take it for payment. How do you know if your favorite stores accept Apple Pay?
How can you check if a grocery store takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a grocery store accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier, speak to customer service, or search online, but it’s still a hassle. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what grocers accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a supermarket takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the store location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the store accepts Apple Pay!
What grocery stores take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every grocery store accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different grocery stores that take Apple Pay: Acme Markets, Albertsons, Aldi, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Costco, Cub Foods, Family Dollar, Food Lion, FoodMaxx, Giant Eagle, Hannaford, Hy-Vee, Instacart, Jewel-Osco, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, Publix, QFC, Raley’s, Randalls, Safeway, Sam’s Club, Shaw’s, Schnucks, Sprouts, Star Market, Stop and Shop, Tom Thumb, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets, Von’s, Wegmans, Winn-Dixie, and Whole Foods Market.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Cub Foods?
Are you ready to check out at a Cub Foods grocery store with Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you have already completed the (quick) setup, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card information by either holding your iPhone’s camera over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay at the register.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ App.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s digital wallet.
- Your Apple Watch is now ready to make contactless mobile payments!
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Cub Foods
If you’re using an iPhone to pay for a purchase with Apple Pay at Cub Foods, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the NFC-enabled card terminal, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. After taking your receipt, you’re free to leave!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Cub Foods
To complete a transaction at a Cub Foods location using your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. Now, take your receipt and head home!