Are you eating Whataburger? Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at restaurants that accept it as a payment method. But does Whataburger take Apple Pay?
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web to pay for goods and services with your phone. Apple Pay is a safe, secure way to pay at participating restaurants, fast food apps, coffee shops, grocery stores, gas stations, fast food delivery services, and more.
Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been inside. Instead, join the digital wallet revolution that improves the customer experience! Apple Pay is a mobile payment method for the modern world.
Whataburger is a regional American fast-food restaurant chain famous for its mouthwatering burgers. While they’re best known for their burgers, chicken sandwiches, french fries, shakes, and beverages, that’s not all they have on the menu! Try a taquito, cinnamon roll, or something off their secret menu on your next visit to your local Whataburger. There are endless possibilities for delicious add-ons and customizations. Founded in 1950, Whataburger now has more than 820 restaurant locations in the South and the Southwestern United States. They must be doing something right!
But does Whataburger accept Apple Pay?
Answered: Does Whataburger Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Whataburger takes Apple Pay as a payment method for orders inside the restaurant, at the drive-thru, and through the Whataburger app! Whataburger was an early adopter of Apple Pay, with the company supporting it as a contactless payment option since 2017.
A Whataburger social media tweet from December 2016 confirmed that Whataburger accepts Apple Pay mobile payments.
Does Whataburger take Apple Pay at the drive thru?
Yes, Whataburger accepts Apple Pay as a payment option for orders made at the drive thru window. Whataburger was one of the first burger restaurants to accept Apple Pay payments. Accepting Apple Pay makes it easy for customers to pay for their food with their phones.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Whataburger?
Ready to order at a Whataburger restaurant or drive-thru using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’.
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use.
- Now, add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card to read your credit card numbers, or you enter the credit card details manually. It’s your choice.
- Then, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card is now in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card information to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
- The setup process is complete.
How To Use Apple Pay Inside Whataburger Or At The Drive Thru With Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Whataburger, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With An Apple Watch Inside Whataburger Or At The Drive Through
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Whataburger’s Mobile App With Apple Pay
- Open the Whataburger app and choose your local restaurant location.
- Pick your food and add it to your cart.
- Go to your shopping cart, log in to your account, review your items, and continue to payment.
- Choose your pickup or deliver time, enter your info, and choose ‘Apple Pay’ as your payment method.
- Complete the checkout process and enjoy your food!
When you use Whataburger’s app, you will earn rewards for every purchase you make as part of their rewards program. After five visits, you have your pick of the following free food choices on your next visit:
- Honey butter chicken biscuit
- Cinnamon roll
- Small shake
- Medium french fry
- Medium onion ring
- A medium drink
Have the rewards barcode from the app available for the person at the register or drive-thru window to use your rewards.
Other great app features include a restaurant locator, curbside pickup, access to the full menu, allergen information, and online ordering. The mobile app does not allow for change requests after you have placed your order, so double-check your order before paying.
Frequently Asked Whataburger Questions
People often have specific questions about Whataburger, Apple Pay, and contactless card payments. Here are the answers to some of the most common questions people ask when considering using Apple Pay to pay for their meal at Whataburger.
Is Apple Pay accepted everywhere?
Currently, Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million brick-and-mortar retailers in the US, covering 85% of all US merchants. Stores that accept Apple Pay from patrons include restaurants, grocery stores, big-box locations, drug stores, and apps from some of America’s most popular brands. Unfortunately, the fact is that 15% of stores, including Walmart, still don’t accept Apple Pay for store purchases. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay improves the checkout experience and contactless solutions are popular with diners, there are still holdouts. How do you know if your favorite restaurant takes Apple Pay?
How do you know if a burger restaurant takes Apple Pay?
You can find out if a restaurant will accept Apple Pay using the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Follow these steps to check if a restaurant takes Apple Pay:
- Open the Apple Maps app
- In the search box, type in the name of the store you want to check
- Tap on the store that you’re checking
- View the information card at the bottom of the app
- Scroll down to the “Useful to Know Section”
- If there is an Apple Pay logo, the location will accept Apple Pay!
What fast food places take Apple Pay?
Americans love to use Apple Pay, but not all fast food chains accept it as a payment method. Besides Whataburger, here is a list of other fast food places that accept Apple Pay in the USA: Au Bon Pain, Baskin Robbins, Chick-fil-a, Chili’s, Chipotle, Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin Donuts, El Pollo Loco, Firehouse Subs, Fuddruckers, In-N-Out Burger, Jack In The Box, Jamba Juice, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Johnny Rockets, KFC, Luby’s, McDonald’s, Panera Bread, Peet’s Coffee, Pizza Hut, Popeyes, Qdoba, Rubio’s, Starbucks, Subway, Taco Bell, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, and White Castle.
What Payment Methods Does Whataburger Accept?
Besides Apple Pay, what are Whataburger’s other accepted payment methods?
Payment Methods Accepted at Whataburger
- Credit cards including Visa cards, Mastercard, Discover cards, and American Express (Amex)
- Debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Samsung Pay
- Whataburger Rewards Program Barcodes
- Prepaid cards
- Whataburger Gift Cards
Tip: When paying by debit or credit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.
How to add your bank account to Apple Pay
To add your bank account to Apple Pay, follow this list of steps:
- Go to Settings > Wallet and select Add Account.
- Enter the bank account information- for most banks this will include your routing number and account number.
- Confirm the account is eligible for Apple Pay by contacting your bank. Some banks may not have their accounts set up for Apple Pay yet.
- Sign in to your bank account and authorize payments with Touch ID or Face ID.
- You can now make mobile payments with your bank account using Apple Pay.
Order Whataburger online
Ordering Whataburger online is an easy way to order your favorite burger, fries, and drink. You can choose from a classic burger or a more creative option that includes customizations or add-ons. Special menu items include:
- Sweet & Spicy Bacon Burger.
- The hulk burrito.
- Egg and cheese breakfast sandwich on a tortilla.
Your credit card information is not stored when you use Apple Pay for Whataburger online ordering. This safety feature makes it one of the safest forms of payment available.
Whataburger curbside pickup
Whataburger Curbside Pickup allows customers to pickup their meals from the comfort of their vehicle. To use the curbside pickup service, order through the Whataburger app or the Whataburger website.
If you order using the app, choose your local restaurant, pick your food, and add it to your cart.
Then, go to your shopping cart, log in if you have an account, review your items, and continue to payment. Choose ‘Apple Pay’ as your payment method, and you’re done! Pull into the parking lot, and a Whataburger team member will bring your food.
Is water free at Whataburger?
Yes, water is free for Whataburger customers. However, if you want a fountain drink like soda or iced tea, you’ll need to pay for that separately.
How to accept Apple payments
Enrolling your credit card terminal to accept Apple Pay is relatively easy if you’re using a point-of-sale device. You can do this through the merchant portal on Apple’s website or by contacting Apple’s support.
How much does Whataburger pay?
The average entry-level Whataburger employee, or Team Member, earns $9.58 per hour. Team supervisors make $11.46 per hour, and Restaurant Managers earn $15.53 per hour.
Whataburger is a fast-food restaurant that hires teenagers starting at 16 years old. For leading positions, candidates need to be at least 18 years old. If you are interested in becoming a Whataburger team member, apply today!