Introduction to Whataburger
Whataburger is a regional American fast-food burger restaurant chain. They make delicious burgers and seem to always be bigger. That’s not surprising because their burgers are great!
Whataburger was founded in 1950 and now has more than 820 locations in the South and Southwest United States. They must be doing something right!
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay: A modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Whataburger have Apple Pay?
Does Whataburger Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Whataburger takes Apple Pay as a payment method in the restaurant and at the drive-thru! Whataburger was an early adopter of Apple Pay, with it supported as a payment option beginning in 2017.
Here is a Whataburger tweet from December 2016 which confirmed that Whataburger takes Apple Pay.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Whataburger?
Ready to order at a Whataburger restaurant or drive-thru using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice. Now you’ll need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and complete any required credit card verification steps. After this, your card will be in your Apple Wallet and ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone. Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app. Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
Note: Some retailers have limits on how much you can spend using a contactless payment method such as Apple Pay. Generally, a payment over this limit will go through, but the clerk will either check your ID or ask for a signature. Rarely, you’ll be asked to pay with a physical credit card or cash.
How To Use Apple Pay Inside Whataburger Or At The Drive Thru With Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Whataburger, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With An Apple Watch Inside Whataburger Or At The Drive Through
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With Whataburger’s Mobile App
- Open the Whataburger mobile app and choose your local restaurant location.
- Pick your food and add it to your cart
- Go to your shopping cart, login in you have an account, review your items, and continue to payment.
- Choose your pickup or deliver time, enter your info, and choose ‘Apple Pay’ as your payment method.
- Enjoy your food!