Does Winn-Dixie Take Apple Pay? (Verified Answer)
Table of Contents
Are you shopping for groceries at Winn-Dixie? Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at stores that accept it as a payment method. But does Winn-Dixie take Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, mobile payment system that works with iOS mobile devices like your iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad. It’s a secure way to pay for your groceries inside the store, through apps, or on the web. Gone are the days of waiting for change or using a dirty credit card reader. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your smartphone’s new, contactless mobile wallet! Just hold your Apple device over a contactless card reader when you’re paying at the register or self-checkout line. Apple Pay provides grocery shoppers with a seamless one-tap checkout experience that customers love.
This article answers the question “Does Winn-Dixie take Apple Pay?” and has tips to make the most out of Apple Pay.
What Is Winn-Dixie?
Winn-Dixie is an American supermarket chain based in Jacksonville, Florida. They sell high-quality fresh produce, quick meals, vegetables, meat, seafood, deli, baked goods, dairy products, snacks, frozen foods, beer, wine, everyday household items, general merchandise, lawn supplies, wine, and beer. Winn-Dixie operates 495 supermarkets in five Southern states, employs 41,000 people, and has convenient in-store pharmacies.
Money-Saving Tips: If you want to save money and discover new products, check out your local Winn-Dixie’s weekly ad, available online or through the Winn-Dixie App. Every weekly ad is filled with special offers, digital coupons, the latest items, and more. Consider joining the Winn-Dixie Rewards program, which earns you valuable points every time you shop in their stores. Every 100 points you earn translates into $1 off your grocery bill. The Winn-Dixie Rewards program is built into the Winn-Dixie App, available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Answered: Does Winn-Dixie Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Winn-Dixie takes Apple Pay as a payment method at all of their locations. Winn-Dixie stores began accepting mobile payments back in 2014. So, the next time you’re grocery shopping at your local Winn-Dixie, check out using Apple Pay!
What Other Payment Methods Does Winn-Dixie Accept?
What other payment options does Winn-Dixie take? Below is a list of the forms of payment accepted at your local Winn-Dixie supermarket.
Payment Methods Accepted at Winn-Dixie
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay (digital mobile solutions)
- Apple Card
- Visa credit cards
- Master card credit cards
- Discover credit cards
- American Express (Amex) credit cards
- Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, ATM cards)
- EBT Cards (also known as ‘SNAP benefits’ or ‘food stamps’).
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Benefits (at participating locations)
- Prepaid cards
- Winn-Dixie gift cards
- Local pre-printed personal checks with photo ID.
Tip: When paying with a credit or debit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.
Is Apple Pay Accepted Everywhere?
Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States, covering 85% of all US merchants. Retailers that accept Apple Pay include Winn-Dixie, other grocery stores, big-box locations, warehouse clubs, restaurants, pharmacies, gas stations, and many mobile apps. That said, 15% of stores, including major retailers like Walmart, still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay improves the shopping experience for customers, some stores still don’t accept Apple Pay. How do you know if your favorite stores take Apple Pay?
How can you check if a grocery store takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a grocery store accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier, speak to customer service, or search online, but it’s still a hassle. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what grocers accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a supermarket takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the store location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the store accepts Apple Pay!
What grocery stores take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every grocery store accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different grocery stores that take Apple Pay: Albertsons, Aldi, Costco, Cub Foods, Family Dollar, Food Lion, FoodMaxx, Giant Eagle, Hy-Vee, Instacart, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, QFC, Safeway, Sam’s Club, Shaw’s, Sprouts, Stop and Shop, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets, Wegmans, Whole Foods Market, and Winn-Dixie.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Winn-Dixie?
Are you ready to check out at a Winn-Dixie supermarket with Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you have already completed the (quick) setup, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use Apple Pay at the register.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ App.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Winn-Dixie
If you’re using an iPhone to pay for a purchase with Apple Pay at Winn-Dixie, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. After taking your receipt, you’re free to leave!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Winn-Dixie
To complete a transaction at a Winn-Dixie location using your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. Now, take your receipt and head home!