Introduction to Chipotle
Chipotle is one of the top Mexican-inspired fast-casual food chains in the United States and beyond. They have grown to more than 2,600 locations in 4 countries serving delicious tacos, burritos, and burrito bowls. They serve fresh, natural food that has no artificial flavors, colors, hormones, or preservatives. Chipotle was also the first national restaurant brand to commit to using only responsibly raised meat. To top it off, they don’t use freezers. So your burrito is full of only fresh, natural ingredients!
They’ve grown significantly since their founding in Colorado in 1993. Steve Ells founded Chipotle Mexican Grill, they grew with McDonald’s, and then became a household name as an independent company.
Ever wonder what the name Chipotle means? It’s a dried jalapeno pepper in the Nahuatl language whose speakers mainly live in Mexico.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay: A modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Chipotle have Apple Pay?
Does Chipotle Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Chipotle takes Apple Pay as a payment method! Chipotle began rolling out Apple Pay in their restaurants in September 2020 and through their mobile app before that.
Here is a news article from September 26th, 2020, which confirms that Apple Pay started to supported at Chipotle restaurant locations:
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Chipotle?
Ready to order at Chipotle using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice. Now you’ll need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and complete any required credit card verification steps. After this, your card will be in your Apple Wallet and ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone. Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app. Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
Note: Some retailers have limits on how much you can spend using a contactless payment method such as Apple Pay. Generally, a payment over this limit will go through, but the clerk will either check your ID or ask for a signature. Rarely, you’ll be asked to pay with a physical credit card or cash.
How To Use Apple Pay At Chipotle With Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Chipotle, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless payment reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With An Apple Watch At Chipotle
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With Chipotle’s App
- Open the Chipotle app, sign in if you have an account, and choose ‘Pickup or Delivery’ from the top of the screen. Hint: if you sign up for an account, you can earn and redeem Chipotle offers with your orders.
- Pick your food and add it to your cart.
- Go to your shopping cart, review your items, and click ‘Continue to Payment’.
- Choose your pickup or deliver time, enter your info, and choose ‘Buy with Apple Pay’ as your payment method. You should see both Apple Pay and Android Pay listed as payment options.
- Enjoy your food!