Introduction to Qdoba
Qdoba Mexican Eats is one of the top Mexican-style fast-casual restaurant chains in the United States and Canada. They’ve grown significantly since their founding in Colorado in 1995 by Anthony Miller and Robert Hauser. Today they have more than 700 locations in 2 countries and 47 states, serving delicious burritos, tacos, quesadillas, chile con queso, and Mexican gumbo. They serve fresh, delicious food made prepared exactly how you like it. Choose your protein and all your toppings; the choice is yours!.
Ever wonder what the name Qdoba means? Qdoba had an ad campaign on this very question and it turns out that Qdoba means many things to different people but the unifying theme between them all is the flavor that Qdoba brings.
Introduction to Apple Pay
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, contactless payment method that works with your Apple devices like your Apple Watch and iPhone. You can use it in person at stores, through apps, or on the web. It’s a secure, safe way to make your payments. Gone are the days of waiting for change or having to use a credit card reader that thousands of other dirty cards have already been in. Apple Pay: A modern payment method for the modern world.
But does Qdoba have Apple Pay?
Does Qdoba Accept Apple Pay?
Yes, Qdoba takes Apple Pay as a contactless payment method in their restaurants and through their mobile app! Qdoba began rolling out Apple Pay in their American and Canadian restaurants in July 2020 and through their mobile app before that.
Here is a statement from Qdoba themselves in July 2020 confirming that they support Apple Pay in their restaurants, along with Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Qdoba?
Ready to order at Qdoba using Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you already have set it up, you can skip to the next section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Next, select ‘Add Card’. Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice. Now you’ll need to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions and complete any required credit card verification steps. After this, your card will be in your Apple Wallet and ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone. Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ app. Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay’. Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
Note: Some retailers have limits on how much you can spend using a contactless payment method such as Apple Pay. Generally, a payment over this limit will go through, but the clerk will either check your ID or ask for a signature. Rarely, you’ll be asked to pay with a physical credit card or cash.
How To Use Apple Pay At Qdoba With Your iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Qdoba, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless payment reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card into. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay at Qdoba With Your Apple Watch
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. That’s it!
How To Use Apple Pay With Qdoba’s Mobile App
- Open the Qdoba app, sign in or create a new account, and choose your store locatoin. Hint: if you enter your Qdoba rewards card number, you can earn and redeem Qdoba offers with your orders.
- Pick your food and add it to your cart.
- Go to your shopping cart, review your items, and continue to payment.
- Choose your pickup or time, enter your info, and choose Apple Pay as your payment method.
- Enjoy your food!