Table of Contents
Are you shopping at Sprouts? Apple Pay is a safe, convenient way to pay at stores that accept it as a payment method. But, does Sprouts take Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is an easy-to-use, mobile payment method that works with iOS mobile devices like your iPhone, Apple Watch, and iPad. It’s a secure way to pay for your groceries inside stores, through apps, or on the web. Gone are the days of waiting for change or using a dirty credit card reader. Instead, leave your wallet and home and use your new, contactless mobile wallet! Apple Pay provides shoppers with a seamless one-tap checkout experience that customers love.
This article answers the question “Does Sprouts take Apple Pay?” and has tips to make the most out of Apple Pay.
What Is Sprouts?
Sprouts Farmers Market is an American supermarket chain that sells a wide variety of natural and organic food. They are known for their fresh produce, bulk foods, general groceries, vegetables, meat, seafood, deli, baked goods, dairy products, hot foods, frozen food items, vitamins, and supplements. They have 340 locations, operate in 23 different states, and employ 35,000 people.
When you shop at Sprouts, you can be confident that you’re buying healthy foods that are free from harmful and fake ingredients. Unlike a typical supermarket, you don’t have to worry about artificial food coloring, synthetic oils, and other unhealthy food additives. That’s because Sprouts has a strict list of prohibited ingredients. In addition, Sprouts’ beef, pork, chicken, and egg-laying hens are raised to Sprouts’ strict animal welfare standards.
Money-Saving Tip: If you want to save money and discover new products, check out your Sprouts location weekly ad, available online or through the Sprouts App. It’s filled with special deals, exclusive digital coupons, the latest items, and more.
Answered: Does Sprouts Take Apple Pay?
Yes, Sprouts takes Apple Pay as a payment method at all of their locations. So, the next time you’re grocery shopping at your local Sprouts, check out using Apple Pay!
Is Apple Pay Accepted Everywhere?
Apple Pay works at more than 2.5 million retail locations in the United States, covering 85% of all US merchants. Retailers that accept Apple Pay include Sprouts, other grocery stores, big-box locations, warehouse clubs, restaurants, big-box locations, pharmacies, gas stations, and mobile apps from some of America’s most popular brands. That said, 15% of stores still don’t accept Apple Pay. Unfortunately, even though Apple Pay makes checking out a breeze, some stores still don’t accept Apple Pay. How do you know if your favorite stores take Apple Pay?
How can you check if a store takes Apple Pay?
Finding out if a store accepts Apple Pay can be a challenge. You could ask the cashier, speak to customer service, or search online, but it’s still a hassle either way. Luckily, Apple makes it easy to find out what stores accept Apple Pay.
To find out if a store takes Apple Pay, open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone. Next, search for the store location and scroll down to the “Useful to Know” section below the store’s website address. If you see the Apple Pay logo or a checkmark next to “Accepts Apple Pay,” then you know that the store accepts Apple Pay!
What grocery stores take Apple Pay?
While Apple users love Apple Pay, not every grocery store accepts it as a payment method. Here is a list of different grocery stores that take Apple Pay: Albertsons, Aldi, Costco, Cub Foods, Family Dollar, Food Lion, FoodMaxx, Giant Eagle, Hy-Vee, Lucky Supermarkets, Meijer, QFC, Sam’s Club, Shaw’s, Sprouts, Stop and Shop, Trader Joe’s, United Supermarkets, Whole Foods, and Winn-Dixie.
How Do You Use Apple Pay At Sprouts?
Are you ready to check out at a Sprouts store with Apple Pay? First, have you set up Apple Pay on your iPhone or Apple Watch? If you have already completed the (brief) setup, you can skip to the later section; otherwise, read on.
How To Setup Apple Pay on Your iPhone or Apple Watch
To set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, go to the ‘Settings’ section and select ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Next, select ‘Add Card.’ Press ‘Continue’ and select the payment type you want to use. Add your credit card or debit card details by either holding your iPhone over your credit card until it successfully reads your credit card numbers, or you can enter the credit card details manually. Your choice.
- Now, agree to Apple’s terms and complete any required credit card verification steps.
- Your card will now be in your Apple Wallet App, and you are ready to use using Apple Pay.
To set up Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, you will need to use your linked iPhone to complete the process, so have it handy.
- Using your linked iPhone, open your ‘Apple Watch’ App.
- Next, tap ‘Wallet & Apple Pay.’
- Now, tap ‘Add Card’ and follow the instructions to add your preferred credit card to your Apple Watch’s Apple Pay.
iPhone? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Sprouts
If you’re using an iPhone to pay for a purchase with Apple Pay at Sprouts, follow these steps:
- First, double-click on your iPhone’s right side button.
- Next, look at your iPhone’s screen if you’re using Face ID, put your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless point of sale reader, which is the machine you’d normally put your credit card inside. Keep holding it until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark on the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word ‘Done’ on your iPhone’s screen. After taking your receipt, you’re free to leave!
Apple Watch? How To Use Apple Pay Inside Sprouts
To complete a transaction at a Sprouts location using your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- First, double-tap the side button on the right of the dial.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Finally, hold your Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is complete. Now, take your receipt and head home!
What Payment Methods Does Sprouts Accept?
Other than Apple Pay, what are Sprouts accepted forms of payment? Sprouts customers can use many different payment options, including other popular contactless payment methods, as you can see in the list below.
Payment Methods Accepted at Sprouts
- Apple Pay
- Apple Card
- Visa credit cards
- Mastercard credit cards
- Discover credit cards
- American Express (Amex) credit cards
- Debit cards (Visa, Mastercard, ATM cards)
- EBT Cards (also known as ‘SNAP benefits’ or ‘food stamps’).
- Google Pay (Android Pay)
- Samsung Pay
- Prepaid cards
- Sprouts gift cards
- Local pre-printed personal checks with photo ID. Returned checks incur a minimum $25 service fee.
Sprouts does not accept EBT cards if you use curbside pickup. To use your SNAP EBT benefits, you must shop inside the store.
Tip: When paying with a credit or debit card, insert your chip card into the card reader rather than sliding the magnetic strip.